About
Links
Resources
Advertising
Contact
Field Journals
Forums

erosion blanket

Last post 09-09-2008, 2:37 PM by dug. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2008, 5:40 PM 57

erosion blanket

my driveway washes out every spring when snow melts.  is there something that will stand 9 ft per second water flow that i can stake down that grass can grrow through?
  •  09-08-2008, 11:50 AM 58 in reply to 57

Re: erosion blanket

There are many Turf Reinforcement Matting (TRM's) that would work well.  It all depends on how much you want to spend.  You could install a straw coconut blend that that would last 3-5 years before it all degrades.  This would allow a good tough grass to grow up through the mat & get well established before the blanket degrades away.  There are also more TRM's that are permanent.  These also allow grass to grow up through but it doesn’t' breakdown, at least for 20+ years.  North American Green or East Coast Erosion Blankets have details on all these types.  Any type of blanket gets staked down using metal "T" pins or round top pins.  Good luck!
  •  09-09-2008, 2:37 PM 59 in reply to 58

Re: erosion blanket

i don't need it to last that long, just till snow melt. will it stand the water flow? it washed 3 inch gravil and cinder blocks in my neighbors field.  how easy is it to tear?  

thanks for responding 

View as RSS news feed in XML
proud member of:
Erosion control technology council International Association of Hydroseeding Professionals IECA Member PLANET, professional landcare network
3676 W. 9000N Rd.
Manteno, Illinois 60950
1-800-914-8182
info@erosioncontrolnetwork.com

legal | privacy | intranet